Thinking of your local community, what are the most pressing concerns to you?

Viewed 165

We welcome detailed responses. Please provide as much detail as you feel comfortable sharing. After leaving your response, please click the Questions tab in the upper-left navigation menu to return to the full question list.

I believe the most pressing issues are food for needy families, programs for disabled children and adults, support for caregivers of disabled children and adults, the ongoing problems with rescue responders and lastly children needing foster care.

I drive for Meals on Wheels. People are hurting. Food, transportation and medical care is lacking. Some of the dwellings they live in are precarious.

The 2 biggest needs I feel are, affordable housing and food for the needy.

22 Answers

The most pressing concerns in our community are providing the best possible cost to members and the safety of our electricians/linemen.

This.

making sure the coop is negotiating the best price for those they serve
maintaining their equipment and lines
keeping all safe when lines are down and make community awarenof lines diwn in their area to keep all safe

Our community has lots of pressing concerns - nearly all of which should not be the business of GVP. Stay in your lane, please. Provide clean, affordable, safe electricity. Utilize more wind and solar since those are the cheapest forms of electricity.

Agree. Nice if they donate to local causes but really my main hope from GVP is affordable energy. I don’t pay GVP cause they’re charitable. I pay them cause I don’t have any other options or companies to choose from.

Education on solar energy, balcony panels, home panels, battery requirements, current and pending legislation...

I beleieve thw most pressing concerns are making electric afforable for all.

Making sure our power is affordable, teaching and switching to renewable energy, maybe even help with setting up solar.

Our community needs to become more aware of healthy living - diet, exercise, stress reduction, etc. These are not on the radar screen for many community members.

making solar energy more afforable for everyone and more education on solar energy.

For the community in general, programs for the elderly and children as well as programs for anyone facing financial difficulties.

For the community as a whole

  • we need to reverse being a food desert. The last full service grocery store has been shuttered for more than a year.
  • we need to provide higher visibility to training opportunity for
    both the young and those displaced from employment thru no fault
    of their own.

As to the Coop.

  • provide greater visibility to how you are addressing the concerns
    of members, particularly the issues noted by Brian Seastrunk and
    Debbie Laugh... above.
  • provide information/training on emergency response in local and
    regional events

I feel the most pressing needs for the electric coop are to provide the lowest price possible to its members while ensuring reliable electrical service. The most pressing needs in the community are health, diet, education, vocational training and affordability.

High cost for electric. It keeps going up and a lot of people have a hard time coming up with the money to pay

I feel we need to keep the cost down as much as possible. Seniors are having a difficult time keeping up to the rising prices. Also, keeping the community informed about the new sources of energy and education about them.

Access to healthier food choices year round that still supports the local community and farmers.

transition to sustainable energy
incentives to encourage use of non consumptive energy
grid safety and reliability

Making the deposit for new service a bit more affordable

I believe the most pressing issue is housing, transportation and food.
Most are on fixed incomes which the rent/mortgage takes most of the money leaving very little for transportation and food.

I think the most pressing concern for GVP should be addressing the high cost of energy and making it as affordable as possible.

I big concern is the high cost of energy and finding ways to save energy and lower utility bills. Another concern is the number of kids in drug homes or in homes with elderly grandparents. Also an increasing amount of homeless people or "walkers."

Outside of fair electrical cost and safety of the employees, I think we need some type of job training programs to help with the homelessness and panhandling in the area to help these folks find a job and help get themselves off the streets.

I think the main concern is keeping the power on and making affordable to homes that have to absolutely have electric for medical purposes have some help

I think the biggest concern and problem is affordability.
Costs for everything is high
I often wonder how many people survive.
Affordable electricity is a problem.
An assistance program is greatly appreciated for low income, the elderly who may not have enough in their SS benefits to pay high electric bills.