We welcome detailed responses. Please provide as much detail as you feel comfortable sharing. After leaving your response, please click the Questions tab in the upper-left navigation menu to return to the full question list.
We welcome detailed responses. Please provide as much detail as you feel comfortable sharing. After leaving your response, please click the Questions tab in the upper-left navigation menu to return to the full question list.
more education on conserving energy and home improvements toblower cost
Better use of social media to improve community involvement. Email is limited, the magazine is getting smaller and smaller. Personally, I've never had a need to visit the website but I'm betting community involvement isn't priortized on the website.
better incentives for alternative energy but certainly maintain grid safety and reliability
If there are cost saving programs available such as switching to solar or using less power during peak demand periods they aren't well advertised or explained. If more people participate the strain on the grid can be lessened.
It would be nice to see a reward program for low usage. We do not a have a choice of any other company, like most cities/counties do, and incentative would be appreciated.
Yes I wish we had choice and other companies to choose from. We are stuck with whatever prices they decide.
Is this a fact, that we don’t have any other options? I’ve been a member for 25 years and never considered changing or looking.
I'm not sure as I honestly don't see what if anything you do BUT provide power. I'm sure if I went digging around your website I'd find information on inititaves you are involved in but from my knot hole there is zero visibility.
GVP really needs to provide more rebate/incentives for customers. Xcel has all sorts of rebates right now. GVP? None!
I think it would be good to have some programs available for the costumer such as lower prices during certain hours like running the dishwasher at night time or doing laundry late in the evening, that would give them an incentive to help lower their bill.
Many people in our community do not have wellness issues on their daily radar screen - many just do not spend much time thinking about diet, exercise or stress reduction. Spreading the word and providing resources about ways to improve health would be one thing the cooperative could do to better support our local community.
Some type of reward program for low usage would be nice. I hardly use electricity and have to have two meters, one for house and another for shop. I pay more in member fees than the total of my usage at both places combined most months.
Besides a fair price and reliable power, support and programs for adding solar or other at home power generating options would be great. Education options for home solar/wind projects.
Be more visible in the community. I never even knew yall did anything but provide power. Help with renewable energy, give incentives, etc.
Look at other options beside charging more for peak hours. This will help all community members since everyone cooks dinner and most people have lights on after work. Don't penalize people for working during the day and therefore being charged more when they're home in the evening. There have to be other options, not all companies do this.
Better communication. We are so spread out in the rural areas and don't always know what is going on when the power is out and trying to call in is hard because the WiFi is down, too! Without electricity, we have to go to our car which, thankfully, has its own WiFi to make the call.
Just keep a good balance between what the business should be responsible for as a business and helping with involvement in our community. But the priority should be the business of providing the power needed for the community as a whole.
I think the coop could offer more information about the supports that are offered to the community so consumers and the public could be aware of these opportunities. I also think having incentives for power savings could be beneficial to offer, it might help someone lower their bill and give penny pinchers an opportunity to save a little money.
An incentive plan does sound appealing.
Personally I set my thermometer on 78 and stay very comfortable.
I have a pool that has to run several hours per day. If it were not for the pool my costs would be lowered.
We used to get a kickback, a check if the company was under costs or whatever it was that rewarded the members.
Receiving a check, credit on my account sounds very apppealing for low usage.
More community education on ways to conserve energy, with incentives or energy saving products.